He that lieth down with Dogs shall rise up with Fleas.
The purpose of the Military Order of the Devil Dog Fleas is to band together,to pester, pinch and otherwise make the life of the Devil Dogs one of chasing, scratching, rolling and rubbing pests to get them out of their hair and hide and to create a bond of fun and comradeship between the Military Order of the Devil Dogs and their Fleas.
The Real Purpose
- Promote a better bond of companionship and comradeship between the members of the Marine Corps League and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
- To foster love of the loyal purpose and principles of the Marine Corps League and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
- To hold sacred the memory of departed Marines, members of the Marine Corps League and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
- To render assistance wherever and when ever possible, to Marines living or deceased and to their survivors.
- At all times, look for ways to promote more fun, devilment, and pestering of the Devil Dogs and to make life more pleasant for all.
How to Become a Flea
- Must be a Regular Auxiliary Member
- Fill out Flea Application.
- Go through the Initiation at a Scratch of a Unit Hide, a Department Hide or the National Hide.
FROM THE HEAD OF THE CHIEF DEVIL DOG TO THE TAIL OF THE NEWEST PUP,
WE FLEAS KEEP HOPPING UP AND DOWN, AND WE NEVER GIVE UP
WE’RE THE ONES WHO DARE TO BOTHER HIM AND TO MAKE HIS LIFE A SCENE,
AND WE’RE PROUD TO CLAIM THAT WE CAN LIGHT, ON THE BACK OF A MARINE.
NO FLIT FOR US, THE DEVIL DOG FLEAS, OUR DOGS DO LOVE US WELL, THROUGH
ALL THEIR HIDES WE LOVE TO GLIDE, AND SKIP AROUND PELL-MELL.
AND IF A DEVIL DOG SHOULD FIND, HIS DAYS ARE FILLED WITH UNEASE, YOU
WILL FIND HIS HIDE ALL COVERED WITH, THE BITES OF DEVIL DOG FLEAS.
“Semper Mordendi” - (Always Biting)